We love Frigo Cheese Heads® String Cheese and my kids always pack one or two in their lunch. I love them because they are high in calcium and a good source of protein and my kids love them because they taste great. We received samples from Frigo® to review. All opinions are my own.
- Perfect for school lunches and after school snacks
- High in calcium and a good source of protein
- Individually wrapped for wholesome and fun snacking on-the-go
- Easy to use in recipes the entire family will enjoy
School lunches always include string cheese. They are easy, on-the-go addition to a lunch box and the perfect serving size for a kid. My kids love to pair them with crackers for a perfect snack. Here is an example of one of my daughters recent lunches. Frigo is perfect for lunch, on the go at the park, on a road trip, or at home for a snack.
We use our Frigo Cheese for so much more than just snacking on. We also love to use it for cooking. Here is a fun after school snack idea that we like to make using our Frigo Cheese. This recipe is for making a Pizzant (Pizza/Croissant). I was going to go with Croizza but I thought that Pizzant sounded cooler. :)
These are easy to make. All you need is:
1. Unroll croissant.
2. Add 1 Tablespoon spaghetti sauce
3. Add 3 pieces of pepperoni
4. Add 1/2 piece of Frigo String Cheese
5. Roll croissant and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Another one of my kids favorite after school snacks is a CousCous salad. The string cheese really adds to this snack and makes it delicious and full of calcium and protein.
1/2 c. Couscous
1/2 c. Chicken broth
1/4 cup onion
1/3 cup pepper
1/4 cup grape tomatoes
1 Frigo string cheese
This is a serving for one person.
1. Heat chicken broth on stove top until boil.
2. Add couscous, stir with fork.
3. Cover and remove from heat.
4. Wait 5 minutes
5. During these 5 minutes, cut up onions, peppers, tomatoes and string cheese
6. Mix all items together in bowl and enjoy
We honestly eat Frigo String Cheese daily. Personally, when I am looking for an afternoon snack, I almost always grab a string cheese and a piece of fruit. This combination satisfies me, gives me the energy I need and makes me feel great. They taste delicious, are easy to take on the go and a perfect Back to School treat.
For more great snack ideas, visit Frigo Cheese Heads online. (My favorite is the Spaghetti and Cheese Balls )
Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese is running a sweepstakes on Facebook right now for the chance to win a family adventure for 8 to Universal Studios Orlando Resort in Florida! Enter once a day through ! This would be an amazing prize to win! Good luck!